Settlement Marketing Group LLC ("SMG") is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust as it relates to the privacy and usage of your information. Please read below and learn how we collect, protect, share, and use your information as part of our technology platforms, and all of our products and services.
- Settlement Marketing Group LLC
Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information: We collect personally identifiable information that can identify you such as: your name, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, and Social Security Number (collectively, "Personally Identifiable Information" or "PII"). PII could also be information you provide on others, such as co-borrowers.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We also collect information such as demographic data, data about your online activity, and other information, which could not be used to identify you (collectively, "Non-Personally Identifiable Information" or "NPII").
Information: PII and NPII are known together as "Information".
How We Collect Information
Information provided by you: Information is collected from you when you enter information in connection with an inquiry into our services. This Information could be provided via an online form, over the phone, or via other means in which you interact with our services.
Information from service providers: Information is collected from third party service providers, such as credit bureaus and service providers who may have data on your financial profile, home, or other demographic information.
How We Use Information
In General: We may use Information to:
- Deliver the products and services you requested
- Improve customer service
- Improve our Site
- Personalize your user experience
- Communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you
- Manage our business
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
Settlement Marketing Group Business: We may share your Information with affiliates.
Affiliates: Affiliates include but not limited to New Credit America LLC, Century Support Services LLC, among others.
Vendors: We may share your Information with vendors that perform certain services on our behalf including, but not limited to, credit bureaus, marketing partners, or entities providing business analysis or product support.
Network Partners: In submitting an inquiry for a loan product, debt relief service or any other service provided through this website, you agree that SMG may share your Information with lenders and other third parties which provide services to our consumers (including, for example, real estate agents or debt relief companies) in our network (collectively, "Network Partners") to deliver the products and services your requested. PLEASE NOTE: the Network Partners with which you are matched may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services. You should contact these Network Partners directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices
Other Situations: We may also disclose your information at our sole discretion:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency, self-regulatory body, or other governmental agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the Settlement Marketing Group Business, our users, our employees, or others; or to enforce our Site’s terms and condition or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction involving the Settlement Marketing Group, such as a sale of Settlement Marketing Group or any entity, brand or division thereof, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
- In connection with state and/or federal licensing requirements regarding the reporting of Information we receive from you. You authorize Settlement Marketing Group to obtain any and all required information from the affiliates you were matched with in order for Settlement Marketing Group to comply with current laws and regulations as well as with any requests from state or federal regulators.
- Depending on where you live, you may have additional privacy protections under some state laws. For example, certain state laws may restrict the types of information we may disclose about you, limit the parties with whom we may share such information, or require us to provide you with additional notices or opt-out rights. We will comply with applicable state laws before sharing non-public personal information about you. We may do this by sending a separate notice of those rights to you.
Unsubscribe and Limit Sharing: If at any time you do not wish to receive communications from the Settlement Marketing Group Business, you may modify your preferences via email email@example.com or by calling 1-855-214-0377. There may be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails sent from the Settlement Marketing Group Business.
How We Protect Your Information
- We take what we believe to be industry standard security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help safeguard your Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We also require employees to comply with information security safeguards, we use encryption in the transmission of your Information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls and other intrusion detection and prevention controls to help prevent unauthorized persona from gaining access to your Information.
- No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your Information, we cannot guarantee that your Information, searches, or other communication will always remain secure.